Skip to main content
Home » What’s New » A traumatic brain injury breaks a visual system

A traumatic brain injury breaks a visual system

A traumatic brain injury breaks the visual system and self-esteem.

I'm Dr. Moshe Roth here practice Family Eye Care in Old Bridge, New Jersey.

Traumatic brain injury, or TBI often breaks the vital connections between the brain and the visual system and this brings on disabling symptoms.

People often have symptoms of blurred vision, double vision, difficulty reading, and dizziness. They may feel anxious and depressed and have low self esteem.

When somebody suffered some brain injury due to a car crash or a concussion or a stroke, they may no longer be able to do the things that they were able to do before. They may have recurring headings that require the individuals at the breaks frequently working or studying may be able to read only for five minutes or so. They may have chronic dizziness and this can lead to difficulty driving and making the individual dependent on others.

A child that's suffered a TBI or concussion may not be able to play group sports for activities. They may then feel alone or different. That's where we come. If you or a loved one suffered even a mild TBI, we can often help. We begin with a comprehensive eye examination and then a functional vision evaluation to determine what specific course of neuropathy metric rehabilitation will help you. A brain injury can cause double vision or eye tracking problems. Reading a book or catching a ball can then become a struggle and extremely frustrating. And then that can lead to someone who has suffered a brain injury to be upset or have lowered self-esteem or even being depressed and be alert to these signs, social withdrawal, persistent feeling of sadness and lack of interest in personal hygiene or appearance negative. Self-talk like I can't, I can't lack of motivation being irritable and moody, reduced appetite or lack of appetite, being very sensitive to light in the next video, I'm going to discuss how a neuro optometrist can help.