Dr. Roth graduated from the University of Houston College of Optometry in 1985. He has been in private practice since 1992, and enjoys helping members of the entire family. Dr. Roth is an Optometric Physician and is certified by the New Jersey Board of Optometrists to prescribe topical and optical medications. Dr. Roth is Board Certified in Vision Development and Vision Therapy by The College of Optometrists in Vision Development. He sees patients of all ages, infants, children, adults, and seniors for comprehensive eye health (treatment of eye disease) and for vision care. (see below)
Dr. Roth was recently honored by his peers and selected to be 2016 New Jersey Optometrist of the Year.
- Vision Care: examinatons, prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses. Finding the exact answer for each individual’s needs. Each age group has particular needs:
- Infants and Children: testing for eye health and visual development issues.
- Adults: visual needs and the eye health issues of each individual.
- Distance and near eyeglass prescriptions, bifocal and progressive lenses. Special lenses to address the needs of those who spend considerable time on computer.
- Treatment of Eye Diseases, Eye Injuries and Emergencies
- Glaucoma, Cataracts, Diabetic Changes, Macular Degeneration
- Dry eye, Corneal abrasion, Eye allergies, etc.
- Vision Therapy:
- Vision Problems that affect Learning and Reading.
- Treatment for Strabsimus and Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Convergence Insufficiency, Autism, Brain Injury.
- Orthokeratology: Vision Correction without Surgery
- Children becoming rapidly more nearsighted.
- Adults: Nearsighted, Farsighted, Astigmatism, Vision correction for distance and near.
- Special contact lenses for:
- Keratoconus, Poor vision after LASIK and other refractive surgeries
- Disfigured eyes due to trauma or birth defect, Color Vision deficiency.
Dr. Roth lectures and gives workshops to professional groups, teachers, educators, parent groups, and to other doctors. Contact us if you would like him to speak to your group.
He is a member of:
The American Optometric Association (AOA)
The New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP)
The College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD), and is Board Certified
The Optometric Extension Program Foundation (OEP)
The American Academy of Orthokeratology (OAA)
The Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association (NORA)
The Brain Injury Association of New Jersey (BIANJ)
Dr. Roth also speaks Spanish.
State License # – 270A004635 OM # 270M00056000