Pentacam® is the best topographer available for specialty contact lens fits. Unlike many practices that utilize measuring tools, all of them utilize asymmetry estimates and have a good chance of a comfortable fit – but not always.
The Pentacam® takes detailed imagery of every layer of the cornea with such accurate quantification, our scleral lenses are customized for an exact design. This means – guaranteed fits for nearly all of our patients.
Pentacam® Core Functions
A complete diagnosis in just the bat of an eye.
Within just two seconds the Pentacam® supplies a precise diagnostic data on the entire anterior eye segment. The degree of corneal or crystalline lens density is made visible by the light-scattering properties of the crystalline lens and is automatically quantified by the software. Measurement of the anterior and posterior corneal surfaces supplies the total refractive power as well as the thickness of the cornea over its entire area. The data on the posterior surface provide optimal assistance in the early detection of ectatic changes.
The rotating scan supplies a large number of data points in the center of the cornea. A supplementary pupil camera captures eye movements during the examination for subsequent automatic correction of measured data.
Versatile Basic Software
Even the basic software offers a vast range of functions.
- Fast Screening Report
- Topographical Keratoconus Classification (TKC)
- Tomographical Keratoconus Classification
- Belin ABCD Keratoconus Staging
- Belin ABCD Progression Display
- Qualitative assessment of the cornea
- Topography and Elevation Maps of the Anterior and Posterior Corneal Surface
- overall pachymetry
- Glaucoma screening:
- pachymetry-based IOP correction
- chamber angle and chamber volume
- Elevation data
- Comparative displays for follow-up
- Comparison and superimposition of Scheimpflug images