Autism Spectrum Disorders describes a large range of mild to moderate to severe disorders. Each requires a unique approach to serve that child’s needs.
Signs Of Autism
Signs of the disorder typically appear in early childhood, and range from an inability to communicate, difficulty in socialization, visual stims, etc. Some individuals have:
- delayed learning of language;
- difficulty making eye contact or holding a conversation;
- difficulty with reasoning and planning;
- narrow, intense interests;
- poor motor skills and sensory sensitivities.